Marubeni Equipment Finance (Oceania) Pty Ltd (“MEF”) was incorporated in June 2011. The company is 80% owned Marubeni Corporation Japan, founded in 1858, which has global sales exceeding A$80bn. The remaining 20% of MEF is owned by Hitachi Construction Machinery Co. Ltd Japan.
MEF is a major financier of high value capital equipment in Australia and New Zealand. MEF is not a finance broker. The company uses funds sourced from Japanese financial markets and MEF’s own shareholders to fund its equipment financing business.
Marubeni Corporation, founded in 1858, is a global trading company with sales exceeding A$80 billion per annum. The company has major investments in various activities including:
- Oil & Liquid natural gas exploration, development & production
- Iron ore, copper & coal mines
- Manufacture of steel products
- Power generation & power retailing
- Jet aircraft engine development, maintenance and leasing
- Rail & transport infrastructure
- Automotive distribution & retailing
- Heavy machinery export/import, distribution & retailing
- Agricultural products sales & trading (such as beef, corn, wheat, soy beans, crop protection products & fertilizer)
Hitachi Construction Machinery Co. Ltd.
Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd’s origins go back to 1949. The company is a leading global manufacturer of mobile surface mining and construction equipment.